Re: Re: Re: Article on women and mathematics

Hi,
As I understood some biography I read about Ada Byron (sorry, no URL),
she suggested to Babbage the need for a formal description of the steps
needed for calculation - even if she didn't write the first computer
program herself, she probably still invented programming... :-)
Babbage himself apparently had problems explaining his invention to
others, while Ada was way better at this. So maybe he invented
programming, she the first programming language. :-)

http://www.educause.edu/pub/er/review/reviewArticles/31240.html
this one is a nice read, linked from the wikipedia page.

Regards,
Erich