Re: The prevailing Debian culture

On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 07:56:36AM +0100, Helen Faulkner wrote:
> >You mean if I don't like competitive environments, If
> >I'm more into cooperative groups, If I'm not willing
> >to cope with abuses, trolls and all kind of things,
> >I'm an unstable person and I should not try to join
> >Debian? Its good to know before even attempting it.
>
> I'm in the process of trying to join debian.  I don't like that stuff
> either.  Come on - we can be unstable together!

You don't have to like it, you have to put up with it, and deal with
it in a rational manner *regardless* of how much you do or do not like
it.

We don't even need a rule for this one; we self-select for it, because
people who don't will inevitably resign in a tantrum.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |