Re: unwritten "messages" was: On debian lists, we cc if asked

On 2004-08-15 15:30:44 +0100 Helen Faulkner <helen_ml_faulkner@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Here's a summary of potentially offensive words used in the posts on this thread to date

Sorry, your figures don't agree with my mailboxes. For my side, at least one word isn't spelt how I usually spell it. In another case, you counted a word ("fools") which was used in an expression and not referring to anyone. It's easy to make things one-sided with such counting. Meanwhile, I get called things like "cock" (which has now appeared on-list as well as off-list, although in a less offensive context).

[...]
Ladies and Gentlemen, let's all be civilised :)

Amen. Also, let's be a bit freaking tolerant instead of insisting on some americanised notion of "polite" or whatever you want to call it.

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast