Re: On debian lists, we cc if asked

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004, MJ Ray wrote:
> I'm rather saddened that some replies to me weren't cc'd when I had
> asked. That's very rude and a little sneaky, IMO.

First off, if you want to be Cc:'ed, please set Mail-Followup-To:
appropriately. Just asking for it isn't good enough, since it doesn't
propogate well.

Secondly, it's quite appropriate for someone to fail to Cc: you when
they're not interested in conversing with you directly or feel that
the context off their message has stopped being of utility to you and
is only useful to the list. You can request that they do it, but
there's definetly nothing in the list policy that requires people to
Cc: people who ask. If you care about it, the archives are publicly
available, so it's rather difficult to be "sneaky."

Don Armstrong

--
I now know how retro SCOs OSes are. Riotous, riotous stuff. How they
had the ya-yas to declare Linux an infant OS in need of their IP is

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu