Re: On debian lists, we cc if asked

MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> [15 Aug 2004 02:08 +0100]:

> I know some of you are new to debian lists, so you should take a look
> the docs at http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/ some time soon. Please
> pay close attention to the code of conduct: I'm rather saddened that
> some replies to me weren't cc'd when I had asked. That's very rude and
> a little sneaky, IMO.

  Why not give the benefit of the doubt?  Thinking that people are
sneaking around is kinda paranoid.  I almost forgot to CC: the list with
this reply; it's really easy to do.

> Fortunately, most people behave well without
> being reminded: thanks to you if you're one.

  This is patronizing.  C'mon.  Don't make this the next big
distraction.  Just keep gently pointing out (maybe even offlist) that
you would like a carbon copy, or subscribe already.

  Geordie.