Re: Comments on the FAQ

On 2004-08-08 06:13:51 +0100 Evilpig <evilpig@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 03:29:38 +0100, MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
The Profiles page is described as listing only women. Is that accurate?
Currently there are no men on the Profiles page, so I'd say "yes".

So, as soon as a man submits an entry to the page, it will be changed?

The TODO link is broken (/todo is not found) and the IRC FAQ link goes
to the current page.
Those documents haven't been completed yet (AFAIK).  When they have
been, the links should work.

The IRC FAQ is on the FAQs page.

Most of the rest of this page comes from debian-www's CVS, doesn't it?
<SNIP some more>

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this.  I gathered the links from
across the www.debian.org webspace.  The idea is to have the
information all gathered in one page, and grouped by subject, which I
could not find elsewhere on the project space. [...]

Really? It looks like something that should be on www.debian.org. I suggest submitting it as improvements to "How you can help" and, if accepted, link there or keep the two in synch. Will you do that, please? I see little benefit from this being only on a subproject site. I can't submit it, as the site says it is copyright the Debian Women project, which I am not a member of, "All Rights Reserved" and with no copyright permissions granted.

That is something else I think -women members should address: this debian subproject is producing a set of documents which look like it cannot be in debian because it is not free software. I didn't even realise such things were allowed on alioth.

Please email about: BT alternative for line rental+DSL;
Education on SMEs+EU FP6; office filing that works fast