Re: Introduction

* stefani <stefani@riseup.net> [2004:07:25 19:07 -0700]:
> another unlurk here.  I subscribed last week, after hearing mako and
> micah and matt tell me of this list.  that was after i mentioned to them
> how few women seemed to have voted in the recent plebiscite on the sarge
> release.

Welcome! :)

> what i would hope to get, from those on this list, and Debian developers
> in general: help in becoming a Debian developer: packaging, etc; and
> other things to learn to be able to contribute.

Awesome, I'd love to help with this. I'm a new package maintainer myself,
and working with other people in this area interests me a great deal. If
you have any specific questions to ask, feel free to do so.

> what i can give: some assistance, based on my experience.  I've been
> working on indymedia for four and a half years, sometime-helping with
> riseup.net, worked for 5 years doing sysadmin for seattle community
> network( scn.org).  i started programming (omygawd) 30 years ago, but am
> very much out of practice.  currently my employment involves managing a
> group of gibraltar firewalls (www.gibraltar.at), a couple dozen or more
> Debian-based servers, et al.

You sound like you have a lot to contribute. I'm very glad you joined the
list! :)

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide
http://double-helix.org