Re: Is "debian-women" crashed ?

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 12:52:29 -0400
David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 05:48:52PM +0200, Hamster wrote:
> > I'm still none the wiser.
> >
> > What is GR?
> >
> > Or in other words, what does it stand for?
>
> A GR stands for General Resolution.

David, thanks for the explanation! I appreciate you taking the time to write
such an informative answer.

> Part of the reason I poked fun at the issue is that the whole debian-women
> effort seems to be a good way to get people interested in Debian without
> having to slog through the tiresome political vitriol that recent GR's
> have created. Erinn has created a great opportunity here, and I hope
> people take advantage of it.

I find this a very interesting paragraph, and I'd love to hear Helix's
reaction too. Perhaps I'm reading too much into what you've written here,
but I've interpreted (perhaps incorrectly) this paragraph to mean that you
see d-w as a "refugee" list for people tired of other lists.

I'm rather alarmed if this is the case.