Re: Article on Debian Women

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 03:43:08PM -0600 or thereabouts, David Moreno Garza wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 10:51 -0800, Bruce Byfield wrote:
> > My article on Debian Women is now posted at:
> >
> > http://os.newsforge.com/os/04/12/03/173216.shtml?tid=2
>
> I don't know if 'feminists' is the right word for the project... It is
> not the same to call a project as feminist like women-related.
>
> It's like calling 'macho' a man.

I am not convinced.

I am fed up of people avoiding the word feminist. Someone this week
told me "oh, you're quite reasonable, but it's the man-hating ones I
don't like; they bring the whole movement into disrepute".

Argh! To me, it is not about hating men. It is about seeing women
all over the globe get equal access to education, to health care, to
work -- and equal pay for the same job in that work -- and similar
revolutionary sentiments.

Oh yes. And not to be asked "So where are the sexy female Linux geeks
then?" at LUGs.

Telsa