Re: Survey - what do you want out of this?

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:07:19 +0000, Helen Faulkner
<helen_ml_faulkner@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> 1)  What would you personally most like to get out of the Debian Women project?
>   b) more interaction with or contribution to Debian

I feel this is the most important thing, to be able to interact with
other people and help each other in contributing to Debian.

> 2)  How can the Debian Women project best help you gain more knowledge
> about using Debian?
> d) other?  Please elaborate.

I don't feel it's DW goal to help me gain more knowledge about
__using__ Debian, but rather about how to be a part of Debian, how to
contribute, how to help other people...

> 3)  How can the Debian Women project best help you to contribute more to
> Debian?
>   a) holding "tutorial" discussions on the mailing list or on the wiki
>   b) enabling you to ask people directly on IRC
>   c) informing you about where to access relevant documentation

All of the above.  Yet, I guess that IRC is the more important one,
since it's the one that allows more interaction.

> 4)  How can the Debian Women project best help you to gain social benfits
> from meeting the people involved?
>    a) allowing you to talk to people on the IRC channel
>    b) enabling discussions on the mailing list
>    c) organising in person meetings as part of larger linux/debian events

Again, all of the above.

> 5)  How can the Debian Women project best help you to help others (and
> hopefully benefit yourself and/or Debian in the process)?
>   c) allowing you to post helpful information to the wiki or webpage

I like this one.  I think that there are lots of information around
the net, and usually finding it is not so easy, it could be nice to
have the info nearer.

> 6)  Are problems with language preventing you from becoming more involved
> with Debian Women?

Not me.  But if we are going to expand, there's a lot of people that
don't speak English (men and women) that we are unable to reach right
now.

--
Besos,
Marga