Re: No goals, selective memory, be nice, red nose day

On 2004-08-23 06:37:00 +0100 Jenn Vesperman <jenn@anthill.echidna.id.au> wrote:

Women (in general) do not object to closed men's clubs where the club is
nothing to do with social and professional advancement. [...]

Then "Women (in general)" are accepting sexism.

I accept a small charge of sexism in the mentoring opportunity
that grrls-only provides, but do not see that as significant [...]

I disagree on the significance. Finding good mentors is difficult. debian is one of the few groups with an established way to do so, which is part of the reason I got involved with it.

Nevertheless, I hope your clarification is enough to stop people flaming me so much when I use linuxchix as an example of a sexist group.