Re: sexist language in debian instructions/documentation

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 06:36:03PM -0400, Erinn Clark wrote:
> Note that I don't agree these
> matters are trivial -- on the contrary, I agree that language shapes
> perception and I support the changes that were made to these documents.

One interesting point of note is that if more women participate and show
themselves that the language will change of its own accord. Language shapes
perception, but perception also shapes language. If you get in there and start
fixing bugs, maintaining packages, etc. visibly then more people will think to
put sex-neutral language in to docs simply because it will be obviously needed.
But isn't getting women involved in the actual Debian process the founding
purpose of debian-women anyhow?

 - David Nusinow