Re: sexist language in debian instructions/documentation

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 01:35:25AM +0200, Jutta Wrage wrote:

> Am Montag, 02.08.04 um 22:13 Uhr schrieb Nori Heikkinen:
>
> >but foreign, so think they have the upper hand of what their
> >English textbooks told them in insisting they're correct and i'm
> >overpoliticizing it.
>
> Don't think so. Especially for German language we have the same problem
> (and a bit more with "man" = one as we do not use "you" in manuals).

Additionally we will have the problems with the nouns.
Either massive appliance of "binnen-I" or completly use female form
on about half of the pages may be possible solutions. We should perhaps
discuss this on debian-l10n-german.

One should probably wait how the discussion about the English texts
turns out anyway ...

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>