Bug#879877: ITP: olivetti-mode -- simple Emacs minor mode for a nice writing environment
Owner: Nicholas D Steeves <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : olivetti-mode
Version : 1.5.8
Upstream Author : Paul Rankin <email@example.com>
* URL : https://github.com/rnkn/olivetti
* License : GPL-3+
Programming Lang: elisp
Description : simple Emacs minor mode for a nice writing environment
Like the famous typewriter, Olivetti mode let's you focus on writing
rather than on the interface.
* Set a desired text body width to automatically resize window
margins to keep the text comfortably in the middle of the window.
* Text body width can be the number of characters (an integer) or a
fraction of the window width (a float between 0.0 and 1.0).
* Interactively change body width with:
olivetti-shrink C-c [ [ [ ...
olivetti-expand C-c ] ] ] ...
olivetti-set-width C-c \
* If olivetti-body-width is an integer, the text body width will
scale with use of text-scale-mode, whereas if a fraction (float)
then the text body width will remain at that fraction.
* Optionally remember the state of visual-line-mode on entry and
recall its state on exit.
* Optionally hide the mode-line for distraction-free writing.
This package is useful for anyone who uses emacs fullscreen, to reduce
distractions while keeping the blocks of text centered and the lines
short; this increases reading speed, because the eye needs to saccade
In comparison to writeroom-mode, which needs to be renamed upstream
before it can be uploaded to the archive, olivetti is somewhat more
difficult to configure; however, it has enhanced on-the-fly
I plan to maintain it as part of the Emacs addons team, and I will
need a sponsor.