Bug#755415: ITA: gexiv2 -- GObject-based wrapper around the Exiv2 library
On Tue, Oct 04, 2016 at 12:04:39PM +0200, Luca Falavigna wrote:
> Hi Jason,
> 2016-10-03 13:23 GMT+02:00 Jason Crain <email@example.com>:
> > I would like to adopt gexiv2. I've done a bit of work already for
> > packaging the new version and I plan on uploading it to collab-maint
> > soon. I'll need a sponsor though. Would you be willing to sponser it?
> Feel free to ping me when ready, I'll be glad to sponsor it.
I've uploaded the package to mentors. I'm a little bit nervous about
upstream's changes to gexiv2.vapi. The new version removes some things
about streams and a log hander, but I don't know enough about vala to
know if that's a problem, or whether anything in Debian uses the vala
* Package name : gexiv2
Version : 0.10.4-1
Upstream Author : Jens Georg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/gexiv2
* License : GPL-2+
Section : libs
It builds those binary packages:
gir1.2-gexiv2-0.10 - GObject-based wrapper around the Exiv2 library - introspection da
libgexiv2-2 - GObject-based wrapper around the Exiv2 library
libgexiv2-dev - GObject-based wrapper around the Exiv2 library - development file
To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL:
Alternatively, one can download the package with dget using this command:
dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gexiv2/gexiv2_0.10.4-1.dsc
More information about gexiv2 can be obtained from https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/gexiv2.
Changes since the last upload:
* New upstream version 0.10.4
* Make compile warnings nonfatal. Add --disable-Werror to debian/rules
* Add fix-typelib-install-directory.patch from upstream. The .typelib files
were being installed in $(datadir)/gir-1.0. This patch moves them to the
correct location $(libdir)/girepository-1.0.
* Add always-install-vapi-file.patch from upstream. The .vapi file was only
being installed when valac was present. This patch causes the pre-built
vapi file to be used when valac is not available.
* Update to standards version 3.9.8
* Switch to automatic dbgsym packages
* Move from debhelper 9 to 10
- Remove --parallel and --with autoreconf, they're default now
* Enable hardening flags. Add DEB_BUILD_MAINT_OPTIONS = hardening=+all.
* Add linker flags -Wl,-z,defs -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed
* Remove shlibs:Depends for gir1.2-gexiv2-0.10. There's no use for it when
the package only contains python and typelib files and it causes a warning
* Update debian/copyright.
- Upstream has assigned copyright to SFC.
- Add copyright of several new m4 macros.
- Add comment clarifying origin of gexiv2-managed-stream.h.
* Add debian/upstream/metadata
* Remove Build-Depends on libtool-bin. It's no longer necessary since
upstream fixed their call to g-ir-scanner in
* Add debian/control VCS fields
* Update debian/libgexiv2-2.symbols.
* New maintainer (Closes: #755415)