Bug#809925: RFA: neotoma -- parser generator for Erlang
Description-en: parser generator for Erlang
Neotoma is a packrat parser-generator for Erlang for Parsing
Expression Grammars (PEGs). It consists of a parsing-combinator
library with memoization routines, a parser for PEGs, and a utility
to generate parsers from PEGs. It is inspired by treetop, a Ruby
library with similar aims, and parsec, the parser-combinator library
- Simple, declarative parsers generated from even simpler grammars.
- Fully integrated, single-pass lexical and syntactic analysis (a
feature of PEGs).
- Packrat-style memoization, boasting parse-time bound linearly to
the input size (at the expense of memory usage).
- In-place semantic analysis/transformation, supporting single-pass
end-to-end in some applications.
- Erlang code-generation for the lexical/syntactic analysis piece,
with the option of semantic analysis/transformation inline, or in
a separate module.
- Line/column number tracking for easy resolution of parsing
I'm no longer using this. If nobody picks it up within a reasonable
time I'll ask to have it removed from the archive.
Tollef Fog Heen
UNIX is user friendly, it's just picky about who its friends are