Thanks for your work, it looks great! However it seems to fail to install when doc-base is already in place:
(Reading database ... 357341 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../socnetv_1.3+dfsg-1_i386.deb ...
Unpacking socnetv (1.3+dfsg-1) over (0.90-3.1) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/pbuilder/result/socnetv_1.3+dfsg-1_i386.deb (--install):
trying to overwrite '/usr/share/doc-base/doc-base', which is also in package doc-base 0.10.6
Processing triggers for doc-base (0.10.6) ...
Processing triggers for menu (2.1.47) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
A few other points:
- base off your release against the current version in unstable (0.90-3.1) and acknowledge it according to devref 5.11.4
- debian/rules: drop commented-out entry for override_dh_compress
- debian/changelog: merge the 1.2+dfsg-1 & 1.3+dfsg-1 entries (since the former never got uploaded to sid)
- explain to upstream (Dimitris in CC) why we're chopping off their tarball with respect to non-free pdf, and what they can do about it
- fix lintian warning debian-watch-file-should-dversionmangle-not-uversionmangle