Bug#758638: ITP: python-diff-match-patch -- robust algorithms for synchronizing plain text
Owner: Stuart Prescott <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : python-diff-match-patch
Version : 20121119
Upstream Author : Neil Fraser <email@example.com>
* URL : https://pypi.python.org/pypi/diff-match-patch
* License : Apache-2.0
Programming Lang: Python 2 and 3
Description : robust algorithms for synchronizing plain text
The Diff Match and Patch libraries offer robust algorithms to perform the
operations required for synchronizing plain text.
* Diff: Compare two blocks of plain text and efficiently return a list of
* Match: Given a search string, find its best fuzzy match in a block of plain
text. Weighted for both accuracy and location.
* Patch: Apply a list of patches onto plain text. Use best-effort to apply
patch even when the underlying text doesn't match.
This package provides the Python 2 version of the module.
This package is a dependency of the latest release of the translate-toolkit
(which has actually been including a private copy of this module for some time).