Bug#749887: RFP: syncthing -- decentralized file synchronization tool
* Package name : syncthing
Version : 0.8.12
Upstream Author : Jakob Borg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL : http://syncthing.net/
* License : MIT
Programming Lang: Go
Description : decentralized file synchronization tool
Syncthing replaces Dropbox and BitTorrent Sync with something open, trustworthy and decentralized. Your data is your data alone and you deserve to choose where it is stored, if it is shared with some third party and how it's transmitted over the Internet.
Using syncthing, that control is returned to you
* Private. None of your data is ever stored anywhere else than on your computers. There is no central server that might be compromised, legally or illegally.
* Encrypted. All communication is secured using TLS. The encryption used includes perfect forward secrecy to prevent any eavesdropper from ever gaining access to your data.
* Authenticated. Every node is identified by a strong cryptographic certificate. Only nodes you have explicitly allowed can connect to your cluster
* Web GUI. Configure and monitor Syncthing via a responsive and powerful interface accessible via your browser.
* Portable. Works on Mac OS X, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris. Run it on your desktop computers and synchronize them with your server for backup.
* Simple. Syncthing doesn't need IP addresses or advanced configuration: it just works, over LAN and over the Internet. Every machine is identified by an ID. Just give your ID to you friends, share a folder and watch: uPnP will do if you don't want to port forward or you don't know how.
* Powerful. Synchronize as many folders as you need with different people.