[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#657076: Updating and maintaining barry in Debian / Ubuntu

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 01:37:42AM +0100, intrigeri wrote:
> Hi Chris!
> One month has passed, and nobody adopted the barry package in Debian;
> the Wheezy freeze will happen in a few months. I suggest you decide
> whether you want to take care of barry in Debian, so that we avoid
> uploading packages in a hurry at the last minute.
> My help proposal (reviews and sponsoring) still holds :)

Hi intrigeri,

Thanks for the heads-up, and the renewed offer of help.  After some
consideration, I'd like to release version 0.18 of Barry in the
next month or so, and I'd like to do so before adding more complexity
to my plate.  I'm hoping this is possible.

How much lag time is there between applying for maintainer status,
and being able to have sponsored uploads?  It would be really nice
to upload 0.18 in the next month, but I still have much work to do
to achieve that.

If someone else steps up in the meantime, I would greatly appreciate
the help!  But if nobody does, I still want to have Barry in Debian,
and so far it looks like it's up to me. :-)

Thanks again,
- Chris

Reply to: