Bug#649784: On dh_apparmor, and possibly other dh_* stuff in the future
- To: Kees Cook <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Stefano Zacchiroli <email@example.com>, Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#649784: On dh_apparmor, and possibly other dh_* stuff in the future
- From: Gergely Nagy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 10:03:32 +0100
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Gergely Nagy <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <20111228183541.GB12321@outflux.net> (Kees Cook's message of "Wed, 28 Dec 2011 10:35:41 -0800")
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20111227172754.GZ12321@outflux.net> <20111227173945.GA813@gnu.kitenet.net> <email@example.com> <20111228102328.GA30848@upsilon.cc> <20111228183541.GB12321@outflux.net>
Kees Cook <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 11:23:28AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>> But still it'd be useful to have such a package for dh_* scripts that
>> have no obvious location.
>> If Joey has no objections, I believe you should just go ahead creating
>> "debhelper-extras" (or whatever name pleases you), including dh_apparmor
>> in it, and then ask on -devel who is looking for a home for orphan dh_*
> If there's no other scripts, I could just toss it into the apparmor package
> too. Gergely, let me know how you'd like me to handle it. I'm fine with
> whatever location.
Sorry for the late reply, holidays and whatnot happened inbetween.
To be completely honest, the main reason I would go with
debhelper-extras would be to provide a package that can host scripts not
(yet) suitable for debhelper, which various downstream distros can
submit new commands to, even when the scripts are not yet useful for
This would only work, though, if and when downstreams cooperate, but
that is something far beyond my reach.
In the short run, stuffing dh_apparmor into the apparmor package might
be the better choice. In the long run, I don't know. I'd rather not be
the one to decide.. O:)