Bug#610623: ITP: nlopt -- nonlinear optimization library
Owner: Christophe Trophime <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : nlopt
Version : 2.2.1
Upstream Author : Steven G. Johnson <email@example.com>
* URL : http://ab-initio.mit.edu/wiki/index.php/NLopt
* License : LGPL
Programming Lang: C, C++, Python, octave
Description : nonlinear optimization library
NLopt is a free/open-source library for nonlinear optimization, providing
a common interface for a number of different free optimization routines
available online as well as original implementations of various other
algorithms. Its features include:
* Callable from C, C++, Fortran, GNU Octave, Python, GNU Guile, GNU R.
* A common interface for many different algorithms
* Support for large-scale optimization.
* Both global and local optimization algorithms.
* Algorithms using function values only (derivative-free) and also
algorithms exploiting user-supplied gradients.
* Algorithms for unconstrained optimization, bound-constrained
and general nonlinear inequality/equality constraints.