Bug#609883: ITP: percona-server-5.5 -- Percona Server with XtraDB
Owner: Aleksandr Kuzminsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Package name : percona-server-5.5
Version : 5.5.8-20.0-1
Upstream Author : Percona Server Development Team <email@example.com>
* URL : http://www.percona.com/software/percona-server/
* License : GPL
Programming Lang: C, C++, Perl
Description : Percona Server with XtraDB
Percona Server is drop-in replacement for MySQL
"Percona Server with XtraDB" is a drop-in replacement for MySQL, with full backward compatibility.
Percona Server provides diagnostic tools useful to DBAs, and more tunability of server behavior. Also included is Percona's online backup utility XtraBackup, the open source tool for the XtraDB / InnoDB.
Percona Server with XtraDB shows outstanding performance and scalability on today's high-end server systems with many CPUs and fast storage subsystems such as flash storage and SSD. Notable advantages include:
* Scalability: Handles more concurrent transactions, and scales up on powerful servers.
* Performance: Fast IO path, improved internal cooperation, and fast checksums.
* Flexibility: Variable page size, better table and buffer pool management, and configurable insert buffer.
* Reliability: Resilience to corrupted data, and crash-safe transactional replication.
* Management: Online backup, InnoDB table import/export, fast recovery, and configurable data dictionary.
* Diagnostics: Improved profiling and instrumentation.