Bug#529695: O: abcde -- A Better CD Encoder
(don't worry, the text is in English!)
On 2009-0521 08:14:05, Sandro Tosi wrote:
> Hello Mario,
> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 00:10, Mario Frasca <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Package: wnpp
> > Severity: normal
> > I intend to orphan the abcde package.
> > [...]
> I don't think this is the right approach: you have no rights to orphan
> the package you do not maintain.
I was in fact suspecting as much, but I did not see an alternative...
at least, now I know the way to follow, so thanks for the prompt reply.
> If you need such things, there is a team created ad-hoc for it:
> MIA team. please contact us before take other actions like this
> one. [...]
too bad: I alredy filed an other "orphaning" request... that regarding
gnome-swallow-applet, but on that the maintainer more or less 'allowed'
me to do so... and I was slow in reacting (I patched my own version of
the program and only use it on one machine).
> For such things (and for non-"essential" pacakges) 1 month is
> too short.
well, I agree that 1 month is too short, but since my email bounced back
as undeliverable, I don't think there are chances I will get a reply
later on :) ... but you're right: if I have an impression, I should
try to understand 'numerically' the reason of my impression so I can
share it with others so here it goes:
* on the abcde package there are 11 'normal' bugs with a patch.
* to these 11 reports the maintainer replied with 2 emails (total, not each).
* one reply is timestamped 2004-07-05 (report was 2004-06-30),
* other reply is 2005-10-06 (report 2005-10-01).
* the earliest of the trailing 8 reports without maintainer's reply
is timestamped 2006-09-01.
* there are also 4 'important' bugs, one with patch.
* did not count the replies, there are more here than for 'normal' bugs.
* all reports without a patch have at least one reply by maintainer.
* latest important reported bug: 2006-10-13.
* latest reply: 2006-10-14.
on the base of 'important' bugs I would _not_ conclude that the maintainer
by the way: I see Jesús has an account on LinkedIn... maybe we can
contact him this way... I didn't try yet.
in a free world, you would choose your operating system