Bug#381418: RFP: wapiti -- Web application vulnerability scanner
* Package name : wapiti
Version : 1.1.0
Upstream Author : Nicolas Surribas <email@example.com>
* URL : http://wapiti.sourceforge.net/
* License : GPL
Programming Lang: Python
Description : Web application vulnerability scanner
Wapiti allows you to audit the security of your web applications.
It performs "black-box" scans, i.e. it does not study the source code of the application but will scans the webpages of the deployed webapp, looking for scripts and forms where it can inject data.
Once it gets this list, Wapiti acts like a fuzzer, injecting payloads to see if a script is vulnerable.
Wapiti can detect the following vulnerabilities :
- File Handling Errors (Local and remote include/require, fopen, readfile...)
- Database Injection (PHP/JSP/ASP SQL Injections and XPath Injections)
- XSS (Cross Site Scripting) Injection
- LDAP Injection
- Command Execution detection (eval(), system(), passtru()...)
- CRLF Injection (HTTP Response Splitting, session fixation...)
Wapiti is able to differentiate ponctual and permanent XSS vulnerabilities.
Wapiti prints a warning everytime it founds a script allowing HTTP uploads.
A warning is also issued when a HTTP 500 code is returned (useful for ASP/IIS)
Wapiti does not rely on a vulnerability database like Nikto do. Wapiti aims to discover unknown vulnerabilities in web applications.