Bug#320396: RFP: shtoom -- VoIP softphone (SIP) implemented in python. 's'great. really
* Package name : shtoom
Version : x.y.z
Upstream Author : Name <email@example.com>
* URL : http://divmod.org/projects/shtoom
* License : (GPL, LGPL, BSD, MIT/X, etc.)
Description : VoIP softphone (SIP) implemented in python. 's'great. really
(Include the long description here.)
Shtoom is a open-source, cross-platform VoIP softphone, implemented in
Python. As well as the basic phone, the package also includes a number
of other applications -
* shtoomphone - the end-user phone
* doug - a framework for writing server-side voip applications.
There's a number of applications implemented using doug that
ship with shtoom.
* shtam - a simple answering machine/voicemail application
* shmessage - an announcement server
* shtoomcu - a simple conferencing server
Shtoom works on Windows, Linux/Unix and Mac OS X. The phone
has a number of user interfaces - Qt/KDE, Gtk/GNOME, wxWidgets,
Cocoa (OS X), Tk and a command line.
The phone has audio support on Linux using OSS or ALSA, on OS
X using native CoreAudio, and on all other platforms using the
PortAudio library. A native sound drivers for Windows has been
implemented as part of Pythonwin, and needs to be hooked up.
-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Kernel: Linux highfield 2.6.11-1-686 #1 Fri May 20 07:34:54 UTC 2005 i686
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C