Gallium Nine Standalone

Hi there,

please cc: me on replies, I'm not subscribed.

You probably know about Gallium Nine [0], which consists of two parts: the mesa state tracker and the WINE side of things (which talks to the state tracker).

The former got official debian packages recently (libd3dadapter9-mesa), but the latter is still not available.

Traditionally, the WINE part was shipped as patches on top of WINE - which is likely the reason why it's missing.

Over time, the code was cleanup up, and nowadays there's no reason for the WINE part to be part of the WINE tree anymore. That's what I have been working on, a standalone version [1].

That can be build with meson and winegcc. Then there's a script to setup a WINE prefix to use it with. So from a build/usage point of view, it is very similar to DXVK, which also entered debian recently.

Is there interest in adding an official debian package for it? I think it's long overdue ;)

Thanks,
Andre

[0] https://wiki.ixit.cz/d3d9
[1] https://github.com/dhewg/nine