Why does 'Depends: wine:amd64' resolve to wine-development?

Hello wine maintainers,

Firstly, to avoid an XY problem, my aim as the play.it package
maintainer is to help upstream generate .debs with the correct
dependency on wine for Debian, Ubuntu, Mint etc.:
https://framagit.org/vv221/play.it/merge_requests/391/diffs

Now, the weird issue I'm having is that `apt install wine:amd64` behaves
as expected, but `Depends: wine:amd64` pulls in -development instead:
https://paste.debian.net/1075727/

Now I know that wine-development Provides wine:amd64 which is why it's a
candidate, but why would the Provides be selected over the genuine
package and why not consistently between cli and Depends?

Thanks for any help you can give and/or direction for what package to
file this as a bug, since I'm guessing it's not actually wine specific.
--
Phil Morrell