getting winehq's wine-mono to work

Hello,

Before further work on packaging wine-mono, I wanted to get winehq's
wine-mono build to work.

Does one of you have happen to know an example of a program that does
not work using Debian's wine but works when installing the wine-mono
.msi at:
 - https://dl.winehq.org/wine/wine-mono/ ?

I have been trying to find an example for a while now, without success.
Most installers that I have tried do not detect dotnet as already
installed and claim it is missing.

Also, I notice that C:\\windows\mono exists in prefixes by default, even
when wine-mono is not installed. That is expected?

On a side note, Wine has a feature that installs mono automatically when
it is in /usr/share/wine-development/mono. However it checks for shasums
and exact filenames so we will probably have to patch it in Debian.
(dlls/appwiz.cpl/addons.c). That said, it shouldn't prevent us from
installing it manually with ``wine64 msiexec /i winemono.msi``.

Cheers,

--
Alexandre Viau
aviau@debian.org