Re: [pkg-wine-party] [wine] 03/08: Create winepath link and manpage.

On Sun, Feb 28, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Jens Reyer wrote:
> Speaking of the tools:
>
> Do we give up on 32-/64bit co-installability of the tools permanently? I
> saw nobody complaining, neither after their dependencies made them
> not-coinstallable, nor since they officially conflict now.

My opinion is yes.

> If yes, I propose to provide symlinks in path for all the tools now in
> /usr/lib/wineVERSION/ (wmc, wrc, winedump, winebuild and winemaker). 5
> additional links in /usr/bin seem fair to me for an optional package
> that needs to be installed on purpose.

That seems fine.

> We may also merge the wine[32|64]VERSION-tools.

No, we should leave it possible for the user to choose which bitness they want.

On your 1.8 updates, keeping wine and wine-development totally in sync
I think isn't totally desired.  My intent is for things to bake in
wine-development, and then get synced back up at stable release time.

The way things are going now, we end up dealing with bug fixes twice.

Best wishes,
Mike