Re: [pkg-wine-party] State of wine-unstable / Helping with packaging

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 6:24 PM,  wrote:
> Howdy,
>
>         wine-unstable hasn't been packaged in a long, long time. Is there a
> concrete reason for this?
>
>         If it's just lack of labor/manpower, I'd like to volunteer. I've
> successfully built debs on i386 using the debian/ hierarchy and .dsc from
> http://dev.carbon-project.org/debian/wine-unstable/; but from the latest
> development sources (1.5.23).

Not really a lack of manpower, but more of a desire to not tie up
resources (buildd and whatnot) while the release is being finalized.

>         If someone can point me in the direction of either (a) understanding
> the current best practices for packaging an upstream package like this, or (b)
> help me understand why it's not currently feasible, I'd be greatly
> appreciative.

Info on building is already in the source package.  Contributing and
assisting with bug reports would be more helpful than simply building
the package.

Best wishes,
Mike