Re: [pkg-wine-party] Another update for wheezy?

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Hilko Bengen wrote:
> * Michael Gilbert:
>
>>> * sfnt2fnt: Fix broken .fon files on big-endian architectures
>>> * No longer remove *.fon files (affects: #680421)
>>
>> The release team is very conservative, and I think a patch this big is
>> just too much.
>
> One could ask before preparing the package for upload.

Would you mind doing that?

>>> * wine64-bin: Use xmessage (with fallback to console) for multiarch instructions
>> We don't have any icons in wine64-bin, so the only way to get any
>> message is via the terminal, so I'm not sure hat the xmessage gets us.
>
> Using xmessage instead of printing stuff to STDOUT does not have
> anything to do with icons being available, does it?

xmessage output handles the case when the user launches wine via a
launcher of some sort where they would miss stdout.  Since we have no
launchers, then there are very few use cases where the user wouldn't
see stdout (only one I can think of is if they're using something like
xfce's verve command line plugin).

Best wishes,
Mike