Re: [pkg-wine-party] RC and other bugfixes for 1.4.1-1

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Hilko Bengen wrote:
> Here are fixes for the current RC bugs and some issues that, in my
> opinion, should make it into wheezy.

Hey,

Thanks for working on these.

> - #679490: file conflicts between wine64-bin and wine64-bin-unstable
>   are resolved using alternatives
> - #680120: The fake /usr/bin/wine no longer suggests to edit the
>   sources.list file
> - It also uses xmessage to display its instructions.
> - #680421: The issue with missing fonts is resolved by adding the
>   libfontconfig1 dependency and re-adding the *.fon files (upstream
>   accepted my endianess fix.)
> - #474289: libnss-mdns is no longer an issue -- in its current form
>   the warning is misleading at best.
> - #678388: Since we can expect many users to be upgrading from
>   Ubuntu's packages, it makes sense to declare conflicts on wine1.X
>   packages so hopefully confusion is reduced.
> - libwine needs to depend un multiarch-support. (Spotted by Lintian.)

All of those look good; although I'm planning to approach #679490
slightly differently.

> - Installing lintian-overrides is useful in general.

I'm not too worried about lintian output right now.  Tackling those
and other lintian isues will be a good wheezy+1 goal for this package.

> Unlike my earlier proposal for properly co-installable 64-bit/32-bit
> packages, these are no drastic changes. Is it okay if I add myself to
> Uploaders and update the package?

Please hold off on that until you get approved for pkg-wine-party
(maybe try sending a personal message to Ove?).  I will apply these
changes and make the upload when I have some time.

Best wishes,
Mike