Re: Usage of dpkg under cygwin

The following text was discovered Saturday 12 October 2002 in a note
attributed to one "James Michael DuPont <mdupont777@yahoo.com>":

> I mean lets be serious here, what are we trying to do:
>
> make sure someone does not install a package as non-admin? what about a
> local install.

Is this (local installs) permissable under any port of Debian at all? I
thought you'd have to have admin permissions to put files in /usr/local/bin,
for example...

--
Joanne Hunter <http://menagerie.tf/~jrhunter/>  Say No to HTML Mail!/"\
 Of course, I don't know how interesting any of this really is,     \ /