Usage of dpkg under cygwin
I have reports that the debian packages build under the mingw32 cross
compiler under debian according to my instructions.
Now I am trying to build the same packages under cygwin.
I have encountered the following hurdles :
1. debhelper was not part of the cygwin packages,
but dpkg was. I have downloaded and installed the deb file.
2. perl was not found, I had to add this to the perl path:
3. what is the need for root access? I commented out the
code in dh_testroot:
#error("You must run this as root (or use fakeroot).");
4. I had hardcoded the configure for host
./configure --host=i586-mingw32msvc --target=i586-mingw32msvc
this will have to be determined from variables.
I would use this, but I still need some advice on the
but will be looking into the dpkg-cross tools.
#DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE ?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -ai586-mingw32msvc
#DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE ?= $(shell dpkg-architecture -ai586-mingw32msvc
5. How can we target the mingw32 runtime as opposed to the cygwin
Other than that, I am really happy about the dpkg under win32 using
cygwin. I will be doing my best to be able to use the debian packages I
am creating so that they can compile under windows or debian, for
targeting cygwin or mingw runtimes.
James Michael DuPont
Do you Yahoo!?
New DSL Internet Access from SBC & Yahoo!