Re: How far are we?

Monday, July 29, 2002, 1:43:03 PM:

>>dpkg has been released as a Cygwin package. Maybe we could build a graphical
>>installer that would look like kpackage for example, with the ability to view
>>dependencies and available packages. Is this a dream?
> Well, if we would have apt-get, deity and a apt-source that would be a
> start I think

i think, that first thing is to make all cygwin packages as a .deb
package, so i can install via dpkg all all files into right position
an example:
on debian
xxxx% locate perl | grep bin
/usr/bin/perl

on cygwin
$ locate.exe perl | grep.exe bin
/bin/perl.exe

and i am not mentioning any xfree files :-)

next it is to compile and package most needeed libs into w32, so we
can try to compile as many other packages as possible and as next it
is to have some source, which we can use in /etc/apt/sources.list

--
Jan.Svarc@tuke.sk