Re: CALL FOR HELP : Porting to windows from Debian GNU/Linux Mingw32, status report http://introspector.sourceforge.net/dia_win32.htm

> 8. The debian method of repacking sources is great, but there have been
> some negative comments from the GTK developers about having another
> distribution. This distribution based on dpkg offers a painless way to
> build cross compiled packages. I would like to hear from anyone who
> supports this, and would like to speak out.

I've noticed that you are packaging every package with a different
name, and no orig.tar.gz (as Debian native package).

Usually Debian distributes .diff.gz as a diff against the
orig.tar.gz (verbatim as downloaded from the upstream site).
So there seems to be a little misunderstanding on that point.

Using dpkg-architecture, and adding support for the mingw32 port,
and adding conditional portions to debian/rules to cross-build for some
architectures would be recommended and well-known way to go, but
I don't know if that's the way you are taking.

regards,
	junichi