Re: Sqlbuddy

Medhamsh, 2012-01-19 12:28+0100:
> I have observed a bit of this and found that SQL Buddy uses mootools
> (http://mootools.net) javascript framework which is again in MIT License.
> A Debian package for mootools already exists in the repositories by the
> name libjs-mootools. Probably I should include this in the depends and
> link this instead of the shipped one from the upstream.

Yes, exactly.

>> Did you open an ITP bug report? When you have your package ready, you
>> may want to ask for review and sponsoring here too. Good luck!
>
> I haven't yet. Is this a reasonable package to start with for a beginner?
> I am too curious in contributing to Debian. Can I go ahead and open an ITP?

Web applications are not, in my opinion, the most simple pieces of
software to package, but this one seems quite a simple one. If you
seriously intent to package it, yes, you should file an ITP, they are
useful for coordination.

--
 ,--.
: /` )   Tanguy Ortolo <xmpp:tanguy@ortolo.eu> <irc://irc.oftc.net/Tanguy>