Re: Sqlbuddy

Hi,

@Tanguy, I am sorry. I missed sending it to the list. I have configured
my mail client now to reply to the list. Thanks a lot for a quick reply!

On Thu, January 19, 2012 3:09 pm, Tanguy Ortolo wrote:
> I have at least one opinion about your message: you are wrapping it in a
> strange way! The common usage is to wrap at 72 characters, you are wrapping
> at something like 50. :-)

I realized it after sending the mail :-P

> About SQL Buddy, I do not have much of an opinion. Just check it for
> embedded third-party code, because this is a common practice among Web
> applications, and for Debian these often have to be removed and the main
> code patched to use the packaged ones instead. If you do find some
> third-party code, you should check its license too by the way.

I have observed a bit of this and found that SQL Buddy uses mootools
(http://mootools.net) javascript framework which is again in MIT License.
A Debian package for mootools already exists in the repositories by the
name libjs-mootools. Probably I should include this in the depends and
link this instead of the shipped one from the upstream.

> Did you open an ITP bug report? When you have your package ready, you
> may want to ask for review and sponsoring here too. Good luck!

I haven't yet. Is this a reasonable package to start with for a beginner?
I am too curious in contributing to Debian. Can I go ahead and open an ITP?

Sincerely,
--
Medhamsh
Hacktivist | http://medhamsh.org