Re: Need help to remove a linitian warning "desktop-command-not-in-package usr/share/applications/package.desktop x-www-browser"

Laurent Destailleur (eldy), 2011-07-22 00:31 UTC+0200:
> This is message:
> "desktop-command-not-in-package
> usr/share/applications/package.desktop x-www-browser"
>
> My package is a webapp package and i added a .desktop file to add
> icon into menu.
> The line added in .desktop file is
> Exec=x-www-browser http://localhost/mywebapp

If it is for a desktop use, I would recommend xdg-open rather than
x-www-browser, adding a Recommends: xdg-utils to your control file.

But x-www-browser also makes sense; it is just another similar wrapper.
The problem is that no package, either real or virtual, provides it. For
instance, iceweasel, which provides an x-www-browser alternative, only
Provides: www-browser, gnome-www-browser.

> But after packaging lintian says x-www-browser is not a command.
> Does someone can tell me how i can fix such a warning. Is it a
> package to add into Requires that contains this command ? Or is it
> the value x-www-browser that is wrong ?

I think it is not, but it had the problem I mentionned above. xdg-open
does not have this problem because it is provided by a package.

--
 ,--.
: /` )   Tanguy Ortolo <xmpp:tanguy@ortolo.eu> <irc://irc.oftc.net/Elessar>
| `-'    Debian Maintainer