Re: gitweb: should depend on httpd, not httpd-cgi

# a spurious dependency does not render a package unusable
severity 600413 important
quit

Hi,

Servilio Afre Puentes wrote:

> The newly introduced dependency doesn't work if you are deploying it
> using a server that doesn't provide CGI (like nginx).

Ah, good point.  What should the dependency be?

Maybe:

 Depends: httpd
 Suggests: apache2 | httpd-cgi

Ideally one would want a standardized way to configure a webapp
for webservers that provide fastcgi and a corresponding virtual
package, but I don't think we're there yet.