Re: [Manual] Dynamic content

Le mardi 09 mars 2010, Tanguy Ortolo a écrit :
> I suggest to explicitely cover the following cases for both filesystem
> paths and permissions:
> * application content (e.g. application code);
> * administrator provided application content (e.g. plugins or
>   extensions);
> * user uploaded content (e.g. wiki pages);
> * application configuration.

To describe my suggestion with more details:
arch-indep app content       /usr/share/PACKAGE          0755 root:root
arch-dep app content         /usr/lib/cgi-bin/PACKAGE    0755 root:root
admin-provided app content   /var/lib/PACKAGE/[plugins]  0755 root:root
admin-uploaded app content   /var/lib/PACKAGE/[plugins]  0775 root:www-data
user-uploaded content        /var/lib/PACKAGE/[userdata] 0755 www-data:root
persistent app data          /var/lib/PACKAGE/[appdata]  0755 www-data:root
cached app data              /var/cache/PACKAGE          0755 www-data:root
configuration                /etc/PACKAGE                0755 root:root
web-modifiable configuration /etc/PACKAGE                0775 root:www-data

Permissions being adapted for file – remove the x bit – and for sensitive
data – remove rx bits from others –. For instance, a web-modifiable
password file could be 0660 root:www-data, and the data directory of a
wiki that supports access control could be 0770 www-data:root.

--
Tanguy Ortolo