Re: webapps running as plain user instead of www-data ?

Tanguy Ortolo dijo [Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:36:19AM +0200]:
> Le dimanche 16 mai 2010, Jérémy Lal a écrit :
> > Along these lines, i wonder if a common scheme for user naming
> > could be defined (something like www-data-mywebapp).
> >
> > Any opinions about that ?
>
> Yes. :-)
> Why *www-data-*mywebapp? Why not simply mywebapp, which is the logical
> name of the software and the Debian package?

I strongly like Jeremy's idea - And I would stay with the prefix (even
better, I'd reduce it to www- to avoid having www-data-verylongappname
as a systemuser), in order to reduce potential name clashes with
regular system users (given the amount of applications that a user
might install).

Greetings,

--
Gunnar Wolf • gwolf@gwolf.org • (+52-55)5623-0154 / 1451-2244