Re: Re: Re: suphp thing

> ideally though, a package should be able to be changed after installation to
> fit with this method (i.e. changing permissions on config files and data
> directories via dpkg-statoverride etc).

ty Sean, dpkg-statoverride looks like perfect Debian way to solve this
problem with mass updates. I should browse Debian utils more from now

Thanks everyone, seems there is no need to do anything since way for
permission override like this exists.

> FYI I use apache2-mpm-itk package to run each webapp with a
> different user. You just put "AssignUserID <user> <group>" in
> your VirtualHost file and that's OK.  I think it's the best way
> to have easy and secure masshosting.

I don't know, what is better, to let Apache spawn php processes or to let
spawn one Apache thread for a single image when lot of people are accessing
different websites simultaneously If this will be handled differently in
future, I'll move there. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Solution to provide 2 web servers with requests directed with for example
proxy was not accepted when I provided this idea to my co-worker last time,
but the problem is. I don't remember right now why, I'll ask him tomorrow
about this (today)