debconf

Hello All,

Where can I find documentation on db_get, db_stop, db_purge, db_create,
db_upgrade etc, the man page for debconf touches on this but really
doesn't go into detail on how to use them.

Also where can I find documentation on dbconfig-common

I am attempting to package a php web app (ampache), I have managed to
create a package and have tested it on a fresh deb 4.0 install.  Ampache
installed ok but the remove/purge failed.

Is there a way for me to get a mentor that has this type experience?

Since I do have a package (and I know it has problems) if I upload it to
mentors.debian.net will my package be rejected, or will I be assigned a
mentor to help with it.  I am not looking for someone to do it for me, I
am looking for someone to *teach* me how to do it.

Thanks

Charlie