Configuring obsolete web servers ?

Hi !

Several  packages (roundcube,  textpattern,  mediawiki1.10, zabbix)  are
configuring now obsolote web servers, like Apache and Apache SSL. I have
a bug against textpattern about this and don't know to handle it:
 http://bugs.debian.org/434050

When PHP 4  was removed from unstable, many  packages have removed their
dependencies  on it.  Should we  do the  same for  configuration  of web
servers ?

If yes, to avoid to rephrase all questions, I would like to configure an
additional  web server  (to keep  multiple choices).  I was  thinking of
lighttpd  but I  did not  find what  convention to  use (put  a  file in
conf.d ?). mediawiki is shipping a configuration for cherokee and put it
in site-available  (configuration for  Apache is in  conf.d). I  did not
find any packaging convention for Cherokee, so I don't know if mediawiki
approach is the good one.

Are any of you aware of  a packaging convention to add applications to a
web server, apart for Apache ?
--
BOFH excuse #45:
virus attack, luser responsible