Re: pear module naming

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 11:38:22AM -0400, Charles Fry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently PHP Pear modules are named php-<name>. Since these modules are
> actually libraries would it not be more appropriate for them to be named
> lib<name>-php, as is done with Perl and Java libraries (and perhaps
> others)?
It's more like a matter of taste. The python stuff is called
python-<name>. On the other hand there are already libphp-<name>
packages. Would that be another option?
We may also consider that from a users point of view
a pecl extension isn't much different from a pear package. So,
should pecl extensions also be called lib<name>-php?
I always found the name php-<name> and php[4|5]-<name> very
consitent, but I also wouldn't mind to use another naming schema.

  Uwe

--
  MMK GmbH, Fleyer Str. 196, 58097 Hagen
  Uwe.Steinmann@mmk-hagen.de