Pear /usr/share/php/.* directories

The newest upstream release of php-pager has some new files that I
included in the .deb, but now think might need to be removed.
Specifically:

   /usr/share/php/.channels/.alias/pear.txt
   /usr/share/php/.channels/.alias/pecl.txt
   /usr/share/php/.channels/pear.php.net.reg
   /usr/share/php/.channels/pecl.php.net.reg
   /usr/share/php/.channels/__uri.reg
   /usr/share/php/.depdblock
   /usr/share/php/.depdb

Would there be any reason not run a:

   rm -rf $(DEB_DESTDIR)usr/share/php/.*

instead of constantly watching for new magic files to appear?

I am still using my pear.mk, which cdbs isn't going to include becasue
they are trying to release cdbs version 2, ignoring most of the cdbs
version 1 bugs. I'll update it to reflect what we decide here.

In order to make pear.mk more centrally available to others (rather than
requiring it to be copied by every package desiring to use it), Uwe
could include it in dh-make-php. He could actually install it into
/usr/share/cdbs/1/class/, as several other packages already do. That
would mean that we would just require a build-dep on dh-make-php until
we get to a point where cdbs is able to include pear.mk themselves (even
then it might be better to keep it in dh-make-php so that we can ensure
rapid updates and bug fixes). Any thoughts on this proposition?

cheers,
Charles

--
Paper hangers