webserver config: which solution is recommended ?

Hello all,

First, i'm glad there is such a list because it corresponds exactly to what
i'm looking for !

I'm trying to package b2evolution (a blog engine) for Debian. I've already
done most of the work but some annoying issues are remaining. These issues
have already been discussed on this list but i cannot find a way to solve
them.

The first issue i encoutered was the configuration of the db. The package
currently uses scripts taken from wordpress and is working alright but i've
planned to use dbconfig-common instead. I'll probably switch shortly.

The second problem which is (i think) more tricky is the webserver
configuration. I currently use debconf to ask the admin where he wants the
blog to be reachable. Then I wanted to automatically configure the
webserver, using Alias or some vhost directives, but i'm not sure what the
best way of doing this is.

For example, if the following url was entered as the 'baseurl' for the
package [http://blog.domain.net/user1] what is the most efficient way to
cope with that ? Indeed blog.domain.net could be an already defined vhost
or it could be the hostname and thus the webserver root.

webapps-common could help here, but i think (may be wrong) that there is
nothing ready yet (is it ?).
In the meantine, what solution do you recommend ? Should i let the admin
configure it 'by hand', and eventually provide a package.conf file that he
could modify and put at the suitable place ? Is there currently a way to
automate this ?

--
Arnaud