Re: dh-make-php in unstable

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 05:12:54PM -0400, Matt Barry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I started filing a wishlist bug for this, then thought better of it and
> started writing a patch.. but I'm not sure exactly what the best way to
> handle it is, and I wonder if this is something that perhaps deserves
> some discussion.
>
> AIUI, the current version of dh-make-pecl hardcodes its dependencies on
> generated packages to php4-dev.  It seems like automating the process
> for php5 as well should be possible; I'm just not sure where exactly the
> split should be.  The most viable option seems to be to have the
> generated source package depend on both php4-dev and php5-dev, and build
> php4-{module} and php5-{module} binary packages.. generating separate
> source packages seems like a waste of space, and I'm not sure how
> allowing one OR the other would work for automated builds..
>
> Does this seem viable?  Thoughts?
It does seem viable, though there is probably some kind of a switch
for dh-make-pecl needed which prevents it from creating either a
php4 or php5 version because on or the other isn't support by
the extension.

If you got a patch for dh-make-php, I'd appreciate having a look at it.

  Uwe

--
  MMK GmbH, Universitaetsstr. 11, 58097 Hagen
  Uwe.Steinmann@mmk-hagen.de